Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sitting

(from fffound)
This article from the NYT about sitting is pretty interesting. I think my favorite line in it would be when a researcher in the study call a person's muscles after sitting for too long "as silent as those of a dead horse". Yikes-what a visual.

The study even found that for every hour you spend watching TV it increases your risk of dying by 11% (!!). Almost makes me stop and think before I watch 30 Rock or Modern Family repeats. Almost.

Even though I don't think it's possible to completely avoid a sedentary cube job it's fun to think of what one could do to get out of that existence. Maybe periodic runs around the block? Meetings held during a yoga class? More of those silly looking balls for chairs? In the article they suggest treadmill desks which I think would cut down on productivity like whoa, but would be really fun. What about you? Any thoughts on how to stay active at work?

No comments:

Post a Comment